Provide A Ride begins with the premise that driving in a transit/paratransit environment is an exclusive opportunity which takes specially trained individuals to operate vehicles with diligence, precision and a passion for client care.
While paying attention to detail is important our drivers must also be welcoming and personable to exceed our customer and client expectations.
Our drivers are carefully screened and tested before hiring and continually monitored after they become Provide A Ride drivers. We keep comprehensive documentation for every driver:
- Application and reference check form
- Driver's License
- Drug Test
- Motor Vehicle Record (updated/reviewed annually)
- Physical (US DOT T8)
Provide A Ride introduces all of our newly hired drivers to transportation and passenger assistance through a rigorous and extensive training program which must be completed before drivers begin passenger service.
A brief overview of our training courses:
- Accident Reporting
- Customer Relations
- Defensive Driving
- Drug Free Workplace Policy
- Emergency Exits
- Emergency Procedures
- Extensive hands-on behind-the-wheel training
- Fire Extinguishers
- First Aid/CPR (American Heart Association or equivalent)
- Passenger Assistance
- Pre-Trip Safety Inspections
- Sensitivity Training
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Two-Way Communication